Thursday, September 27, 2007

happy birthday to ME!

I turn 29 today. Feels just like any other day. If we were still TTC I might be a little sad today, so I am happy to be pregnant.

I was thinking in the shower- the best place to think, besides on my drive to work. I want to blog what a day in my life is like right now. And maybe next year I can do the same when I turn 30.

I think my life has been pretty much like this for the last 4 years, since I have had this job. Work is seasonal, so in the spring I average about 70-80 hours a week (this year being pg, I worked just 60/week). Summer I work 45-50 hours a week. In the fall, 60 hours/week has been the norm, this season so far 50... but I think I need to cut back to 45 now. My days are always 10 hour days in the growing season. I like the winter. I work 4-5, 8 hour days. and get some time off. I like to go to bed early and wake early. I make the lunches, and most of the dinners (chris made all the dinners this spring- too queezy for me!). I work about 75% of the weekends between april-October: I get some weekdays off. And all weekends off Nov.-March. Our growing season weekends that I have off are always booked. Majority of winter weekends are booked too.

I am interested in how things are going to change. I have talked to my boss about working just 60 hours/week in the spring, 40 in the summer, and 50 in the fall. Then take time off in the winter accordingly to work 2100 hours total in the course of the year. (not this 2600 hours/ year B.S!)

I do love my job, and I believe I do a good job at it. But there is more to life then working so much! (oh, it is about 35 miles to get to work~45 minutes) I do hope that at this time next year I am saying the I am working less hours, and still doing a great job at work. I want to feel like I am spending time with my family, and taking care of home stuff too.

No comments: