Monday, September 10, 2007

11-11-2006

My golden birthday- This was a milestone in my life.... last year was my golden birthday. When I was young... like 5-10 years old, my friends would have thier golden b-days. And I always had this image in my head of what my life at my golden birthday would be like. I thought I would have the perfect husband he would have the best job and make big money. We would have 4 kids, a big house in the country and I would he a stay at home mom.
So a month before the big day hit, I realized my childhood image of my life at 27. My husband is awesome, the best man I could have picked for me. That part the child me got right. He has a great job, not that we could afford for me to be a SAHM. (however I think anything is possible if you are determined enough!) I have no children, and was just starting to desire a family at that time. Our house, it is great- not that childhood mansion I pictured- but awesome in my now adult image.
I sort of had a breakdown. That birthday was hard for me. I work so many hours, I think that was what I disliked the most at that time. I work alot of weekends too, and I miss out on alot of things. On the day I took the day off work, and spent the day doing what makes me feel best when I am blue- gardening! I had a wonderful warm sunny day digging in the dirt and planting some perennials in my new shade garden. So that day was great, but it made me think a little bit about my life and where I wanted it to go.

No comments: