Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Drink more water, and pee more often

That is my nurse's and Doctors answer to everything! A few months ago I was having lots of braxon hicks contractions.... the dr advised to drink more water and pee as soon as I have the urge. OK..... A while back I felt like I had a UTI, nurse said the same thing after my test came back negative. Today I called the nurse about the amount of pressure I am feeling and at the end of the day I feel like the baby is going to fall out (I know, its not THAT easy!) she said "drink more water to dilute the hormones, and pee more often so the uterus doesnt get irritated".

Maybe I am just being a little bit more paranoid about what I am feeling because Chris is gone. This baby just cant come this week! The nurse was very reassuring and told me what to watch for. The baby may be dropping even lower into my pelvis which is causing the discomfort. I am so happy with my OB/GYN dept. When I call with a question, I get transfered to a nurse who takes her time to answer my questions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember that same feeling "OMG! This baby is going to fall out!" That is normal and until you have experienced it is hard to describe - you'll know better next time! lol But really it is very uncomfortable. Just try to find standing and sitting positions so that it take a little pressure off during the day - when you lay down the pressure lessens, right? At least that helps but I can see Gordy letting you lay down all day!
Looking forward to this weekend!!

-Em

Sarah said...

Em, I dont have a job that I can just leave to take a nap! However I do nap in my car on my lunch break. If that mouse hadnt run across my desk, I may even lay down in my office on the floor on a pile of coats... but not after I saw that mouse! We'll have a great weekend!