Tuesday, October 13, 2009

sleep like a baby?

That line is a lie! It really is, I cringe when I hear it. Brayden has never slept like a baby. ever. I dont get it, we have tried everything. Night routines, routines in general, warm milk, comfy place to sleep. The best we can ask for that is extremely rare is an 8 hour night uninterupted. Usually, he only gets 6 hours of sleep total at night (uninterupted, or interupted) and a 1-2 hour nap during the day. He is a happy and functioning 22 month old.

We don't get it! How can this busy kid not require more sleep? Chris and I are finally not getting angry about it and trying to change him and work with him. I go to bed first, since I seem to have the highest sleep requirements lately. Chris stays up with B, eventually putting him to bed. I wake w/ him at night if and when he does wake. And I wake w/ him in the morning. This works out fine on week nights, but on the weekends it can be more difficult. There is something about weekends that make us both require more sleep then we really need.

No comments: