Monday, October 1, 2007

rest when tired

I was reading my pregnancy book last night, and it caught my attention when I read to rest when tired. Umm... this is often hard to do. The 2nd and 3rd time moms... I doubt they are able to rest when tired. Me, being a working woman, cant rest when tired. It sounds so unrealistic. I worked 60 hours a week on my feet thru 1st tri... in a haze of exhaustion and nausea. There was absolutly no resting when tired for me!

Then I thought some more... I doubt our grandma's who were pregnant women on farms were able to rest over 6 hours a night, let alone when tired. And thier babies seem to be just fine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just want to laugh at you reading your comments on being tired. I remember telling you throughout my pregnancy about how tired I was and I could tell inyour voice you didnt understand and how come I just didnt go to bed earlier or what not. Its so great to see you going through that and understanding that nothing makes pregnancy exhaustion/tiredness go away. Not even after you have the baby, then its just lack of sleep for the rest of your life. :)

Sarah said...

LOL- so true April. I never got that before pregnancy! Now I totally get it!