Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Grasshopper way

There is a sidewalk at work, that I have named grasshopper way. They jump all over you when you walk down it. I HATE grasshoppers! They freak me out more then spiders do.

When I was about 17, a grasshopper made me hit the shed. I was wearing my short-shorts (I will kill for the legs I had at 17! they were still short, but they were cute!) and I was pulling into the shed. It even had one of those dummy poles next to the edge of the door- to keep you from hitting the edge of the door. Well, this big grass hopper landed on my inner thigh, and kind of pinched me. I freaked, let go of the wheel and hit the inside of the garage door. (missed the dummy pole!) Got the car all hung up, and left it there for my dad to figure out how to get it out of there.

When it came time to tell dad, I changed my story. I could not tell him a grasshopper was the reason I hit his shed! So I lied, told him it was a bee. He knows the real story now. And everytime I see a grasshopper fly by me, I think of the time one got on my leg and I hit the shed.

No comments: