Saturday, September 13, 2008

biting

wow, did that hurt! for the first time Brady bit me while nursing. I think we did the right thing, but I am nervous for our next nursing.

So here is what happened- he bit me, I pulled away and said firmly (and painfully) "Brady no, biting hurts mommy". He cried really, really hard. (made my heart sad, this was the first time I have had to discipline my little boy) I hugged him, then quit the nursing and gave him to dad. About an hour later we nursed again, and all was fine. Let's hope this remains a rare thing, because those sharp toothers HURT!

Back to my rocking chair/recliner obsession. ;-) I have started a rocking chair fund envelope in my closet. Any extra $$$ I stumble upon it goes in there. There is now $10.40 in it. I called in to cancel the gap insurance for paying off my car.... so I get the $10.40. Now....... I made the effort to pay off the car over a year early, shouldnt that money that we saved go into my rocking chair fund? I have decided I want the smaller one that I showed in a photo below. It really does fit ME better then the big comfy cushy one that fits Chris better.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Ouch! Been there, done that. It doesn't happen very often, but occasionally...disciplining him is worse than the actual bite. I was so sad to see him cry after I said, "No BITE!". :(

Molly said...

I didn't say anything to him when I got bitten--I just took him off and moved him away from me. After a few times, he got the message.

It's impossible to get the milk when he bites--he'll figure that out.