Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Our day together

Because I am working this weekend I have today and tomorrow off. So just the 2 of us are hanging out today! First thing we did after we slept in till 9:30 is made refrigerator dill pickles! Usually my little helper is quite good and focused on the task at hand. His job was to bring the clean cucs from the counter above the dishwasher (by his stepstool), to me at the counter on the left were I was slicing them and packing them into jars. At first he did great and I couldnt keep up with him. Then he started putting the cucumbers all over the house. (after he emptied the tupperware drawer, see behind him in the picture)
After the cucs were done it was snack time. Look close at the picture below and you can see colorful goldfish all over the floor. Brady wanted to share with Oliver. Tomorrow I have to go to the dr. so B will come with. Then I hope to swing him thru my workplace so everyone can see him. And maybe have some time to go out for lunch and the zoo too. Today got away on us, and the laundry did not get done. Nor did the sinks or the bathrooms. (chris is responsible for the floors this week) Gotta make some time for that tomorrow.
I found this poem that I really like, and have to share for other mothers. It really does go by so fast!
I hope my children look back on today,
And see a Mother who had time to play!
Children grow up while you're not looking,
There'll be years ahead for cleaning and cooking,
So quiet now, cobwebs; dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep.

No comments: