Thursday, October 30, 2008

Am I the warped one?

Chris and I were finally able to talk yesterday. What started it was me discussing what was said saturday morning, and my theory on why he say's things like that and does some things to me that I dont like. That went over well.

Then we started talking about work, jobs, household responcibility and that sort of stuff. We pretty well agreed, or came to a conclusion on everything except one thing. this isnt the first time he has said this to me, he says it often. "your not the first mom to work, everyone else has done it before, you can to". OK, got it. However, here is my objection to him saying this as a reason for me to pick up the slack at home. I work 10 hour days, with a 45 minute drive one way. So..... from june-november I wake at 5:30, leave for daycare and work at 6:45, arrive at work by 7:45. Work till 6 or 6:30, and arrive home 7-7:30. I go to bed at 9, and I am the one that wakes with Brady 1plus times a night. I do that 5 days a week. (in april, May and half of june I do it 6 days a week, and they are more then 10 hour days. In the winter my schedule relaxes and I usually work 4 9 hour days each week).

I want your comments! Annonymous is fine by me. I am asking for your opinion. I am a ninny and need to be like the other full time working moms? Or is my hubby in the wrong to compare me with all the other working mom's of the US. Thanks for your comments!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It takes the first year after having a baby for your body to recover to normal energy levels. Plus you had PPD and are still having sleep deprivation. You do AMAZINGLY well for being 10 months post-birth. By Chris not helping you enough now, he is only slowing your recovery and healing.

I would never be able to do as much as you do even 5 years out :).

Catie said...

I think Chris needs to pick up some of the slack. I work 9 1/2 hour days 4 days a week and if Nate didn't help very little would get done since I'm exhausted at the end of the night.

The Ratcliff's said...

well my friend...i think ur hubby needs to pick up some of ur duty. i HATE that i work and im hoping to change that soon. i still have some time before I can though. i hate everyday of it. have you considered finding a less intense job? cuttingback expenses to make it work on 1 income?
as far as ur hubby...it takes 2 to make this baby...thats all i have to say. put ur foot down and make it happen! cause when mama aint happy, nobody is happy.

email me btw-ratcliff421@yahoo.com