Tuesday, May 5, 2009

first doctors appointment!

I went in for my first visit yesterday, work has been busy so not many people have gotten updates- sorry!

It was long, it was the history/intake... that good stuff. Heard the heartbeat, it was 160 bpm. That was the highlight! We are not sure on the dating, the typical calander chart says my EDD is 11/21, but I disagree and think it is 11/26-11/28. Nursing thru off my cycle, so things just dont add up to me and to the Dr. So monday will be an ultra sound to hopefully get a bit closer.

My Dr. encourages a VBAC- (vaginal birth after cesarian). I was very surprised, most clinic/hospitals discourage it, some dont even allow it. So now I need to ponder that. I am also still taking my anti-depressant, it is safe in early pg, but there are some risks later in pg, so that is one more thing I am pondering.

I like my new Dr. My last one was a "rent a doc", so I had to get a new one. He seems good, we seem like a good fit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was on anti-depressants through both of my pregnancies and through breast feeding. Talk with your doctor, I'm sure you can find one that is acceptable to both of you.

Amanda

Sarah said...

Yay for hearing the heartbeat! I had no doubt everything was giong just fine for you. :) I am glad your doctor supports a VBAC!