Friday, July 16, 2010

safer for us

I have slept with my babies in my bed numerous times, and I have zonked out in my rocking chair with them numerous times too. For me, I think it is way safer for me to put them in my bed with me and here is why.

When I am exhausted and baby isnt sleeping due to ear infection or something like that, and I wanna lay down, we co sleep. First we go to our own bed, without brother or daddy. I put a pillow behind me and I lean back of that so I can safely sleep and nurse. A pillow goes behind babe to so he doesnt roll away. We go in the middle of a big bed, and we dont use blankets. Not once have I had any sort of "close call" of hurting my baby. Seriously, never. With both my boys.

When I fall asleep holding my babies in my rocking chair....... I wont disclose how many times I have dropped them, or have woken up with them in weird positions unsafe positions.

No comments: